A Danish company specialised in supply of industrial ventilation systems is looking for experienced manufacturers with an existing range of centrifugal free running fans made from galvanised steel. They envisage that the right partner might be based in Italy, Poland or the Baltic countries, but there’s flexibility regarding the location of the partner within the EU.
Established in 1981, the Danish company has been developing, manufacturing and supplying the agricultural industry with grain drying equipment, air heaters and ventilation systems, with the latter also supplied to residential houses. In addition to covering the whole of Denmark, they have considerable exports in Europe and especially in Germany. In the recent years the company’s growth has primarily come from increased production of air heaters.
In order to not be solely dependent on their current manufacturer, they are looking for a manufacturer of centrifugal free running fans made of steel sheets and coated with epoxy or polyester powder. The fans will be components of the larger ventilation systems they supply.
The annual order will be between 100 and 150 fans and the first order will be 10 to 20 fans. As the order sizes are not large, they are looking for a partner who is already manufacturing fans and has a standard range available. Alternatively, the supplier would be willing to custom produce small batches of fans at a time by assembling them from different parts of various models in their range. Following a successful cooperation over time, quantities are expected to increase.
In their experience Italy, Poland and the Baltic countries seem to have the right type of manufacturers, but other European manufacturers will also be considered as long as the cost per unit does not increase compared to the current level. However, as their current manufacturer is German, Germany is not of interest.
- Type of partner sought: The fans have the following characteristics / include the following:
1. Bolted supporting structure made of galvanised steel sheets.
2. Galvanised components can be coated with epoxy or polyester powder coating
3. RAL 7032 for surcharge
4. Ventilation data (fan curve) and motor allocation equivalent to Cpro-ECblue
5. Inlet ring designed for optimal air flow, made of galvanised steel sheet with measuring device for determination of flow rate
6. Measuring device for determination of flow rate
7. Installation position vertical motor shaft:
a. Vu=impeller at the bottom
b. Vo=impeller at the top
8.Module decoupled by rubber dampers.
The supplier does not need to have an ISO certification, but it would be an advantage. As the orders are not large, they are flexible regarding delivery times as long as the supplier can organise a reasonable transport i.e. the fans can be sent alongside another deliver going in the same direction in order to keep the cost down. For this reason, non-EU suppliers are not of interest (excl. Ukraine, which is close enough).
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The supplier should be flexible regarding order sizes and technical specifications as not every batch will be the same. In turn, the company is flexible about delivery times, willing to work with the manufacturer and is open to any new ideas proposed.
The manufacturer needs to have the know-how and experience, since while they Danish company will provide technical support and information as needed, the manufacturer shouldn’t be attempting to manufacture fans for the first time. An existing production and product line are required and at least one staff member, ideally in technical capacity, should be able to speak good English.
Already on the market
02/04/2019 - UK Funding for Innovation
04/06/2019 - Future of Building 2019