A Danish company is manufacturing and selling wooden birdhouses in Denmark and Sweden and in order to meet growing demand is looking for a manufacturer in Eastern Europe. Ideally, the supplier should be from Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Czech Republic, Poland or Hungary, but competitive offers from other East European countries will also be considered.
The Danish company is a family business established in 2014 and has been designing, manufacturing and selling wooden birdhouses and bird feeders since. All production takes place in-house in Denmark. Over the years, their sales have grown, and they are now represented in numerous farm and interior/exterior design shops in both Denmark and Sweden. In order to keep up with growing demand, they are looking for manufacturers for their birdhouses in Eastern Europe. Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia, Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary are preferred, but other countries in the region are not ruled out, providing the offer is competitive.
The birdhouses are premium quality and handmade from sustainable wood i.e. re-used or FSC certified wood. This quality and line of production must be continued by the manufacturer. The type of wood varies from softwood such as pine, to hardwoods such as walnut and can depend on what the manufacturer has access to. The company has two models, which are 245 mm x 140 mm and 295mm x 160. Full technical drawings are of course available.
As the initial quantities are not based on mass production and the first order will be 300 birdhouses in total, the manufacturer cannot have too high minimum order quantity. However, this is a growing company and larger quantities are expected in the future.
- Type of partner sought: 1. To be manufactured: two models of birdhouses.
2. Production method: primarily handmade.
3. Wood type: pine, beech, ash, oak, maple, mahogany, rose, walnut. Ideally made from reused/recycled wood, wood batches left over from larger production projects, or FSC certified wood.
4. Design: owned by the Danish company.
5. Volumes (for first batch): 150 pieces in softwood + 150 pieces in hardwood.
6. Delivery: the manufacturer must arrange delivery to Denmark.
The manufacturer must produce and deliver two test birdhouses as part of the negotiation with the Danish company. High product quality is essential.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The partner needs to be a wooden products manufacturer, who is able to deliver handmade quality products, and accept relatively small volumes to start with. The manufacturer must also arrange transport for the birdhouses to Denmark.
39 days ago - Funding competition Eureka Eurostars 2: round 11
67 days ago - Who saves Christmas every year? We do!