A German sustainable online food delivery service is looking for a supplier / manufacturer of porcelain that can produce porcelain to-go packaging according to the design requirements set by the German company.
The company is interested in partnerships in the frame of a manufacturing agreements.
A German SME - with extensive experience in running delivery focused restaurants, IT and building mobile first companies - has developed a sustainable and innovative application-based restaurant delivery service with a smart deposit system for their reusable porcelain packaging.
Customers can pre-order restaurant meals through an app and receive refrigerated meals in hotel-grade porcelain packaging within selected time windows.
Used porcelain packaging is returned hassle-free to the company's delivery drivers upon the next delivery and is cleaned by the company for reuse. In doing so, the company eliminates food packaging waste in its food deliveries.
The company has designed rectangular and round porcelain bowls for its deliveries but cannot manufacture them in-house. Therefore, the company is seeking a supplier/manufacturer to produce the porcelain bowls. The cooperation between the company and the porcelain manufacturer will be established under a manufacturing agreement.
Especially, supplier / manufacturers from Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine are sought. Nevertheless, suitable companies from other countries are also welcome to express their interest.
- Type of partner sought: The potential partner should have extensive experience in manufacturing (hotel grade) porcelain and should be able to react quickly to (rising) demand.
They must also be able to produce porcelain rectangular and round bowls in different sizes. Specifically, the following requirements need to be met:
- White high-quality porcelain with hard scratch-resistant glaze
- Up to 235x156x60mm for the rectangular version and Ø 200mm for the round bowl.
- Decals on bottom, inside and outside
- "Bowls" must be dishwasher, microwave and oven safe (up to approximately 240 degrees Celsius)
- Porcelain tolerances should be low, preferably within 1-3mm, as the porcelain "bowls" will have a custom lid for transportation
- Bowls must be LFBG certified / approved
- Must comply with the European legislation on Food Contact Materials: Directive 84/500/EC and the amendment Directive 2005/31/EC
Packaging and delivery:
- bulk packaging
- DAP incoterm (Delivery at Place)
The expected number of porcelain bowls to be manufactured is:
- 6,000 pieces in batch 1 (2021 - as soon as possible)
- 50,000 pieces in batch 2 (end of 2021)
- frequent return orders in the years after
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for a manufacturing agreement with a porcelain manufacturer for dinnerware/hotelware. The partner will have to be experienced in international logistics, in order to expedite deliveries to Germany.