A German trading company has established itself as a leading wholesaler for pet supplies in Europe. They are offering a wide range of non-food products for pets. In order to enlarge their supplier network, they are searching for new suppliers for cats scratching posts in Czech Republic, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine. The German company is interested in entering into a supplier agreement or a manufacturing agreement.
This wholesaler, located in the north of Germany, is one of the leading trading companies for pet supplies in Europe. From their start in 1974, the company has continuously grown and expand their business. Nowadays they export to more than 80 countries and offer a range of 6,500 products for dogs, cats, birds, small animals, fish and reptiles.
Currently they are searching for a new supplier for cats scratching posts. Usually a scratching post is freestanding, has a wooden pillar, wrapped with sisal, and has a resting place for the cat on the top. As these posts are used indoor, they should fit in design and quality into living rooms. As safety of the animal has priority, the post has to be stable and without defects in the material, where the animal could injure itself. For the same reason long or elastic straps should be avoided. Producers should be committed to high-quality manufacturing standards.
Annually the German wholesaler sells up to 10.000 pieces of cat scratching posts of one design. Currently the company imports the scratching posts from Asia, but now is searching for new suppliers in Europe, with focus on Czech Republic, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine.
The company is looking for experienced manufacturers who are already producing the cat scratching posts. The scratching posts should be already on the market, as the company is not interested in the developing process of these products. The German company is interested in establishing a supplier or manufacturing agreement and is interested in partnerships on a long-term basis.
- Type of partner sought: - All European standards must be fulfilled.
- MDF wood material must be formaldehyde-free, according to E1 standard.
- FSC-Certification is not necessary.
- The safety of the animal has priority.
- The post must be stable and should not have holes or gaps in which the animal could injure itself.
- Long or elastic straps, should be avoided.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The German wholesaler is looking to get in contact with supplier, producer or manufacturer of cats scratching posts that are already on the market in Czech Republic, Georgia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Ukraine.
The wholesaler wants to sell these products under its own label to retailer, shops and stores for pets supply. Depending on the product and the prospective partner company, the wholesaler is open to either supplier agreement or manufacturing agreement.
The new partner should be experienced in the production of cat scratching posts and has the capacity to produce amounts up to 10.000 pieces of one design per year. Further the future supplier or manufacturing partner should be able to deliver according to negotiated agreements in quality and delivery time. The partner sought should be committed to high-quality manufacturing standards and interested in partnerships on a long-term basis.
- Wide product range of pet supplies.
- Broad portfolio of customers worldwide.
- Experience in international trade, as the company cooperates with many partners from foreign countries.
Already on the market