A German and globally active producer of modern agricultural machinery looks for suppliers from the metal-working industry in Central and Eastern Europe for manufacturing agreements. Task to be performed is the manufacturing of specific machine parts (castings and forgings) according to the German company's drawings.
The German machine builder is specialised in modern agricultural machinery and components for tractors such as PTO (power take-off) drive shafts, clutches, tractor-attachment systems and hitches. It is active on international markets. The scale of supplies and services of the German company encompasses planning, engineering, manufacturing, assembling and testing. It is part of a global group which is an industry leader for highly engineered, mission-critical powertrain systems for demanding off-highway and industrial applications.
Especially looked for are suppliers for the following machine parts (castings and forgings):
- Ball joint heads consisting of a forged housing with a threaded shaft (rolled) and an inserted ball which is captive but movable in the housing by means of swaged lips
- Stepped pipes consisting of a tube which is swaged at both ends and has an internal thread (like in a turnbucke); the size of the threads ranges from M20 upwards
- hydraulic cylinder (diameter 63mm or larger)
The German company is seeking manufacturing agreements with partners from Central and Eastern Europe for the manufacturing of the machine parts described above according to the German company's drawings. The quantities and size specifications will be described in detail in specific inquiries.
- Type of partner sought: The production of castings should ideally include machining (turning, milling, drilling) and surface cathodic dip coating (KTL), galvanizing and priming. Materials: GGG60 or similar.
The production of forgings should ideally also include machining (turning, milling, drilling) and surface cathodic dip coating (KTL), zinc coating, priming and power coating. Materials: C45, 16MnCr5, 27MnCrB5, E18 and similar heat-treatable steels.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The partner sought should be a competitive and internationally experienced mid-size company from the metal-working industry (forgings and castings) that can meet the requirements and specifications mentioned in the description.
The partner should have the necessary knowhow, experience and machines to carry out the tasks described above in a good quality. Ideally the partner is certified according to ISO 9001. Transport and export logistics should be well-functioning.
The German company is looking for a reliable and long-term partnership. If suitable the scope of the cooperation might also be extended to other products or machine parts in the future.
Already on the market
411 days ago - Guidance on Horizon 2020 funding if there's a no-deal Brexit