A Belgian future (early 2022) spin-off of a Belgian University specialised in catalytic solutions is looking for non-coated ceramic or metallic monolith / substrates of different shapes with a honeycomb-like pore geometry. The product will be used in pilot testing prior to industrialisation.
The spin-off is searching for supplier of this type of ceramic substrate.
a spin-off in nanomaterials synthesis for applications in the fields of energy storage and environmental depollution processes. They are specialised in inorganic nanomaterials for applications ranging from lithium batteries to catalytic and photocatalytic abatement of pollutants. The nanomaterials developed in their facility take the form of powders, extruded materials or thin films.
The University of Namur has already collaborated with multiple industries including AGC and Volvo cars in the field of environmental remediation and is currently developing prototypes with an industrial partner specialised in manufacturing heating appliances.
The spin-off is willing to produce coating solutions on ceramic substrates with specific characteristics:
- Type of ceramic substrate: cordierite or mullite
- Overall shape: circular: diameter 150 mm, height 50 mm AND/OR rectangular 150x150x50 mm
- Pore geometry: honeycombs 16 to 28 CPSI
- Estimated number of substrates required: a first sample as to analyse the quality of the material, after that the orders range from 500 to 5000 substrates per year.
The consortium is searching for suppliers of this type of ceramic substrate.
- Type of partner sought: The group is willing to test coating solutions on metallic and ceramic substrates with specific characteristics:
- Type of ceramic substrate: metallic, cordierite or mullite
- Overall shape: circular: diameter 150 mm, height 50 mm and/or rectangular 150x150x50 mm
- Pore geometry: honeycomb
- Channel size: 5x5 mm
- Wall thickness: 1 mm
- Acceptable number of cells per square inch (CPSI): 16 to 28 CPSI
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The spin-off is looking for reliable suppliers in the same field of work - ceramic or/and metallic substrate - with a well-established network and is keen on signing a supplier agreement.
The expected role of the partner sought is to supply the ceramic substrate under a supplier agreement.
The consortium is willing to produce coating solutions on ceramic substrates for environmental remediation processes. The main objective is to reduce particles emissions at low temperatures.
Field tested/evaluated - Tested on a pilot scale
Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted