Closing date: 01/06/2013
A small Russian innovative IT company from St.Petersburg developed an integrated system for distributed processing of biomedical images. The system combines information sources, analysis algorithms and computational resources and, hence, provides highly accurate and reproducible results. The company seeks partners for technical cooperation to extend the software functionality to solve the specific problems of the partner.
Computerized processing of multidimensional biomedical images has numerous advantages over the human visual inspection, such as accuracy, reproducibility of results etc. The systems, currently available at the market, do not implement high-level logic, the set of processing methods is not complete and they limit the image size by the volume of the working memory. The Russian company solved the problem of overcoming the above-mentioned limitations by integration of different data sources, analysis algorithms and computational resources into an open system.
The system provides a graphical user interface to search for source and processed data, processing methods and computational resources. In case the needed information is not available, the user has an option to calculate it using the source data and the sequence of methods (scenario) suggested by the system. The user may execute scenarios either in a selected cloud environment or on a local computer. The functionality also includes creation of new scenarios and editing of existing ones, collaborative resource utilization.
The system is developed for massive deployment in specialized fields and outperforms domestic and foreign analogs in the following aspects:
1. Extensibility. The ontology of image processing methods and implementations facilitates the selection of analysis algorithm based on the properties of source and target images, addition of new procedures and usage of third-party utilities.
2. Functionality. The domain-specific methods grant users a fine-tune control over object recognition, noise reduction, registration of images and performing quantitative measurements for analysis and image interpretation.
3. Scalability. Hardware requirements for client workstations are lowered. The images from online repositories may be processed without manual copying to the local computer.
A systemic approach to the integration of heterogeneous data sources, analysis algorithms and computational resources makes it possible to achieve the extensibility of the set of methods for processing of biomedical images, fine-tune control over algorithmic parameters and cloud-readiness, that all together raise the quality of results.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: University or SME
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Research, medical diagnostics, software development, image processing
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: Setting specific tasks associated with processing of large volumes of medical images
Listed under: Information Processing & Systems \ Software \ Multimedia, Digital Content and Gaming \ Internet and Wireless Technologies (Wireless, WiFi, Bluetooth)
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: