Closing date: 20/05/2013
A leading Dutch technology institute maintains and develops primary standards and reference materials for physical and chemical applications in industry, science, environment, medicine and society at large. One of the main themes within the institute is energy technology, with a focus on research on gas flow, chemistry and electricity. The Dutch institute is interested in commercial agreements with technical assistance and research related projects with industrial partners.
The Dutch institute is focusing on innovative measurement methods in the fields gas flow, chemistry and electricity. The aim is to develop measurement methods and standards with the lowest possible uncertainty. The science and technology needed to realize e.g. industrial scale calibration facilities include includes theoretical and computational research and experimental studies into up-scaling effects and the propagation of uncertainty. The institute is active in the field of new and/or improved gas flow method for LNG, high and low pressure gas, liquid and nano flow. Chemical measurement methods are being developed for energy gases, biofuels, pollution in air, automotive exhaust, hydrogen cells, human breath analysis, and spectroscopy techniques.
The institute is also focusing on new and/or improved electrical measurement methods:
- Smart Grids
- Billing (HV grid)
- High- and low-voltage power
- Power Quality
- Power plants
- HV/DC power lines
The institute puts a lot of effort in developing new, innovative measurement techniques and methods both for physical and chemical measurement standards. This includes:
- Thorough metrological knowledge
- Reliable and guaranteed measurement results
- Traceability to primary standards
- Lowest possible measurement uncertainties
- Capable of finding new, fit-to-purpose measurement solutions
- Capable of finding measurement solutions that will result in lower production or maintenance costs
- Capable of finding measurement solutions that conform (inter)national normalization and regulation
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: Industrial company looking for metrology support in their R&D projects (e.g. FP7 projects)
- Specific area of activity of the partner: High-end equipment technology: both dimensional measurements (nanoscale, microscale, large scale), as well as optical measurements (solid state lighting, LEDs, OLEDs, photometry, radiometry, UV, IR)
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: Partner working on R&D projects in industrial high-end equipment technology; the Dutch institute is open to various forms of cooperation, e.g. commercial agreements with technical assistance and cooperation within e.g. FP7 projects.
Listed under: Energy \ Transport & Logistics \ Measurement, Testing & Standards \ Medical Devices
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: