Last updated: 08/05/2013
Closing date: 07/05/2014
A small research and manufacturing company from Macedonia has developed a novel concept for multistage surge protection of electrical devices. System enables high level of protection by combining 4 different protective concepts in simple and easy application of surge protector. The company is looking for partners involved in systems and components for surge protection for licensing agreement, joint venture or commercial agreement with technical assistance.
A surge protector is an appliance designed to protect electrical devices from voltage spikes. A surge protector attempts to limit the voltage supplied to an electric device by either blocking or by shorting to ground any unwanted voltages above a safe threshold. Currently there are different surge protectors on the market with different characteristics and performances.
A Macedonian company has developed novel and unique concept for multistage surge protection of electrical devices. Concept enables high level of protection by combining 4 different protective concepts in simple and easy application of surge protector for different applications regardless whether it is a low power device or a large consumer system.
The innovative design and concept of integrated protection system represents serious improvement of existing technology in this area, exceeding the requirements set in existing international standards for protection (IEC62305-4; IEC61643-1; IEC60939-2) and offers new high-quality solution with simplicity in application.
The presented surge protector represents a multistage system composed of 8 different surge protection stages, providing protection from all forms of surges. It is a class I + II + III protector according to standard IEC61643. Also, it meets the standards for protection of devices from electromagnetic (radio)interference IEC60939-2.
First part of innovation comprise 4 different protective technologies(varistor, gas tube, nano-crystalline and Mosfet technology) in one unit. In this concept there are built-in other 4 patents of company regarding filtering, thermal protection, response times (<1nsec) and ground treatment.
The second part of innovation is simple and easy application of MOS protectors satisfying international protection standards (IEC 62305 & ANSI/IEEE C62.41. 1-2) with solution that avoids need of several surge protectors installed separately in each boundary protection zone (LPZ0a/LPZ0b-LPZ3 & C-A).
Innovation of the proposed solution includes the novelty in the multi-stage design and novelty in simplyfied application, giving remarkable technical advantage toward other surge products. This means that the complex analyses and multitude of criteria defined in lightning protection standard became past. Design, planning and installation of surge protection are not any more reserved for experts in this field. With application of integrated multi-stage protector, the implementation, planning and installation becomes simple, easy and applicable for other professionals in the field.
- Compact solution
- Integrated solutions with significantly more features
- Unique 8 stage protection
- High perfomance EMI/RFI filtering
- Outperforming all standards: IEC 62305-4; ANNSI/IEEE C 62.41.1-2; IEC 61643-1; CLASS I+II+III IEC 60939-2
- Economical and cost effective product
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: Industry, research organizations and engineering companies.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for both commercial and industrial partners involved in systems and components for surge protection market (probably active in one or more sectors).
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: The partner organization(s) will work with the partner on scaling up to bigger production and on a full sales and marketing programme in their respective geographies or on a global level. The offer includes specialist know-how/ technology transfer, and a skilled product application and development team.
Listed under: Electronics, Microelectronics \ Energy \ Engineering \ Renewables
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: