Closing date: 12/06/2013
An andalusian company has developed a new analytic tool, a sensor for quantifying histamine in fish. The histamine in fish can be toxic in a determined level. Therefore the main advantage of this sensor is for fish industry because this sensor shows the toxic level of the histamine. The company looks for companies and technological centers interested in this technology for commercial agreement with technical assistance.
An andalusian company, specialized in the development of sensors, has developed a innovative technology based in the use or electrochemical sensors, for the analysis of histamine in fish.
One of the potential hazards in fish industry is histamine or scombroid poisoning, called like that because of the fish family more sensible to produce it (tuna, mahi-mahi, marlin…among others). This new sensor quantifies the toxicity in the fish.
This new technology is completely different from the actual techniques you can find in the market (elisa kits) and allows to optimize lab procedures and also taking the lab to the ship, plant or household because it is a very stable technology (at room temperature) that offers great advantages in portability and in situ analysis.
The main advantages and innovations:
- No specialized personnel required.
– Quick analysis and in real time.
– High specificity and sensibility.
– Multianalysis possibility.
– Low cost when compared with existing techniques.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: companies or technological centers
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Food security. Fish Industry
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: work together in a commercial agreement to quantify histamine in fish.
Listed under: Food and Drink \ Aquaculture and Fisheries \ Measurement, Testing & Standards
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: