Last updated: 27/05/2013
Closing date: 26/05/2014
A German SME has developed a procedure and appropriate devices to improve the energy efficiency in spray booths. Both heat (appr. 50%) and electricity (appr. 60%) savings have been practically realized in spray booths by retrofitting air or ink flow sensors and control devices. The company seeks for industrial partners from the lacquer and colour sector as well as suppliers for guniting equipment for a technical cooperation in order to adapt the technology to their customers’ needs.
The procedure to improve the energy efficiency in spray booths is based on the monitoring of the actual ink flow through the appropriate spray gun. Usually, spray cabinets are exhausted continuously with the same air flow independent on the actual ink fog load. Energy is needed to run the air circulating fans as well as to pre-heat the incoming air to the working temperature. The latter is particularly crucial since the viscosity of the ink, and thus the quality of the sprayed layer, strongly depends on temperature. In practice, however, spray cabinets are run only about 10% of the operating time with full load, 45% with partial load and 45% in the standby mode. The technology under consideration allows for the reduction of the air flow depending on the actual ink fog load, thus providing the potential of saving energy for both ventilation and pre-heating of the incoming fresh air. The technology is particularly suited for small enterprises with separate spray cabinets and frequently changing jobs. Both heat (appr. 50%) and electricity (appr. 60%) savings have been practically realized in spray booths by retrofitting air and ink, respectively, flow sensors and control devices. Furthermore, the annoyance due to noise is strongly reduced by these measures.
- Saving of electricity and heat
- Lowering of noise at workplace
- Applicable for small and big spray booths
- Return on investment within one year
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: The company seeks for industrial partners.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: from the lacquer and colour sector as well as suppliers for guniting equipment.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: The partners are expected to provide the information to companies dealing with spray-coating and to help to adapt the technology to the local particularities of their customers.
Listed under: Industrial Manufacture \ Building and Construction \ Materials \ Energy \ Environment & Protecting Man \ Renewables
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: