Last updated: 01/03/2013
Closing date: 12/12/2013
A Czech golf hotel is looking for a technology or device capable to collect floating golf balls from a hotel pond. At present, the collection is done in a labour-intensive, costly and slow way. The retrieval of the golf balls needs to be mechanized or - if possible - automated by a ready-to-use and proven technology. Commercial agreement with technical assistance is sought.
One of the services, the hotel offers to its clients, is the possibility to improve the stroke-skills at the aqua driving range, i.e. by stroking golf balls towards the hotel pond. For this case, special floating golf balls are used – they are light enough to ensure they will not sink to the bottom as ordinary golf balls do. The daily amount of floating balls is 10 000 pcs and their collection is labour-intensive, costly and slow job (currently, hand-nets and a small boat is used early in the morning; since the golfers use the aqua driving range from early morning till sunset, seven days a week). In addition, the collection of the balls cannot be done during the trainings as it is obviously dangerous to the balls collectors.
The solution sought:
The hotel would like to mechanize or automate this job by using some kind of proven, already-on-the-market technology or device.
The solution sought should meet following requirements:
- Efficient and easy (enable relatively fast and easy retrieval of the balls and, ideally, enable also their storage in containers)
- Flexible (a solution should be capable to retrieve the balls floating next to the ragged shore of the pond)
- Low-cost maintenance and operation
- Simple manoeuvrability (e.g. easy and simple control of the technology or device sought)
- Safe (enable safe collection of the balls from the pond anytime when needed including training hours)
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements:
The hotel pond depth varies between 0,3-1,5 meter; water surface is 1 hectare approx. The hotel expects to collect at least 1000-2000 floating balls at one shot; time for one shot of collecting balls is not the key factor of the solution sought.
The pond borders might be equipped with barriers preventing the floating balls escape to the shore and allowing the balls to be picked up at the pond edges.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought:
- Specific area of activity of the partner: - Type of partner sought: Industry.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: Manufacturer of solution suitable to cover the needs as indicated in requirements.
- Task to be performed: After clarifying technical details of the desired technology with the golf hotel, the delivery of a collecting equipment or device expected as a turnkey solution based on a commercial agreement with technical assistance.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: University
Listed under: Aquaculture and Fisheries \ Socio-economic enterprises, sciences and humanities
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: