Last updated: 04/06/2013
Closing date: 03/06/2014
A Swiss company is looking for a highly sensitive, highly specific sensor for certain VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) gases in ambient air. Sensitivity in the very low ppm range. Purchase or rent with technical support of about 20 devices is sought.
For an on-going project, a Swiss company is looking for a gas sensor (no general VOC sensor!) specifically sensitive to:
- Ethene (Ethylene)
The sensor shall be very specific to one of the mentioned gases with no cross-sensitivity to any other VOC or substances commonly found in ambient (polluted) air (such as water vapour, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, sulphur oxides, or ozone).
Cross-sensitivity within the set of mentioned target gases are acceptable if clearly stated.
A multi-sensor approach which automatically corrects for cross-sensitivities is also acceptable.
Sensitivity shall be in the very low ppm (parts-per-million) range, sub-ppm or even ppb (parts-per-billion) preferred.
Gas concentration measurement in the range 0 - 5 ppm (or lower) is desired. However, a present/not present statement at a known threshold (below 1ppm) is also acceptable.
The sensors shall be automatically read out on a per-second basis at minimum to collect time-series of measurements. About 20 sensors shall operate in parallel and collect time-synchronized data. Data shall be collected on a PC. Data collection and connectivity equipment may be provided by the supplier, however, use of a standard industrial bus and protocol is preferred.
Technical Specifications / Specific technical requirements:
- gas sensor operating in ambient air
- highly specific to Ethane, Ethene, Acetylene, Propane, Propene or Cyclopropane
- no cross-sensitivities to air pollutants
- sensitivity: < 1 ppm, sub-ppm or even ppb
- connectivity to a standard bus preferred
- continuous data collection < 1sec.
- parallel, synchronized data collection from about 20 individual devices
- data collection onto a PC
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: Preferable Industry/SME. Eventually Research.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: High ppm sensitive sensors of specific VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) gases.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: Purchase of a set of about 20 sensors plus equipment ready for data collection and technical support is sought.
Alternatively, rent of the equipment for about 2 to 3 weeks would be possible, preferably including support.
As a third option, a technical cooperation may be discussed, also if the above requirements are not fulfilled.
Listed under: Electronics, Microelectronics \ Nanotechnology & Nanoscience \ Measurement, Testing & Standards \ Medical Devices \ Physical Sciences
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: